Crazy Creativity Cravings

1 Comments

I have a crazy creativity craving right now. Unfortunately for the things I want to make, I don't have all of the necessary items yet.

BUT...

I did make coasters!
I have been looking for some cheap, but cool coasters and can't find any anywhere.
So I decided to get crafty and make our own!
I bought white tile pieces at Home Depot, some felt, and some felt glue and went to work.
I bought white to I could paint on them, but when I mentioned this fact to my husband, he didn't seem quite as enthusiastic as I was. So I'm debating on what to do.
If I wasn't going to paint them, I would have spent the 20 cents more for the orange colored tile.
Any thoughts?
Here is what they look like so far (and they work terrific!)

Perfectly fits and is great to hold your nice cup of chocolate milk! :P

Another idea I had (but involves a printer, which we don't currently have) for the coasters is to print off some old beverage ads (you know, from when our grandparents were kids) and put them on the coasters. You print out a picture the size of your coaster, glue it on with modge podge glue and then a water resistant varnish and let dry! Sounds so cool!

But once again, involves a tool that we don't have. So I'll have to wait. :D


You may also like

1 comment:

~Christina said...

Also, i wanted to tell you that if you do use mod-podge, you don't need to use a water-resistant varnish over the top, because mod-podge already seals the deal on its own. :) So you'd save even more $$!

Powered by Blogger.