Quotes for the day

1 Comments
"If we could only remember that God has always glorified in choosing the foolish things, the weak things, the base things, and the things which are not in order that His power might be revealed to us in our weakness and through us that the glory might be all His."
- K. Strachan -

" As long as I see anything to be done for God, life is worth having, but oh how vain and unworthy is it to live for any lower end."
- David Brainerd -

"The presence of God became unutterably real and blessed and I remember...stretching myself on the ground and lying there before Him with unspeakable awe and unspeakable joy. For what service I was accepted I knew not, but a deep consciousness that I was not my own took possession of me which has never since been effaced."
-Hudson Taylor-


You may also like

1 comment:

Lisa said...

The Hudson Taylor quote says it all. "...a deep consciousness that I was not my own took possession of me..."

Dying to self, putting others first, living before the face of God - it's not about us. This is true freedom.

Powered by Blogger.