Pride strikes again....

1 Comments
Humility has been on my mind lately. It's something I struggle with daily in so many different aspects of my life and I'm trying to get a hang of it. I know I will never fully "get" humility, but I do honestly strive to have humility like Christ.

Do you ever become so baffled at how humble Jesus was? I struggle with that every now and again. How did He do it? How could He not become prideful, hurt, or defensive when accused of things He wasn't to blame for?  It's simple. Love, grace, mercy, justification, righteousness, and holiness. "Lord, please forgive them for they no not what they do."

I cry when I think back upon His crucifixion. How He was scorned, beaten, and bruised and yet loved them. He loved them and us so much that He was willing to die for us. They assaulted Him with lies and disrespect, but instead of turning to them and saying, "well what about you?" like I would; He says I love you for you are made in my image.

How humbling is that. I tend to get very defensive when shown something I've done wrong. I tend to want to say, "but what about you?" and point the finger back instead of saying, "I know. I'm so sorry. " Here Christ has died for me and all I can do is say, "what about me," I've been unjustly accused, " how could you do that?" Humility is giving up all pride and laying yourself helpless at Christ's feet and saying Lord I am Yours. It's laying open your heart to your spouse, children, family, friends, or whoever and saying, "I was wrong. I'm sorry."

Pride loves to rear it's ugly head and expose itself for what it really is: sin. For whatever reasons we might have for allowing pride to take over, it's sin, it's wrong, and we must repent. Now that's the hard part. To lower oneself and with a contrite heart ask for forgiveness without expecting anything in return.

Oh, Lord humble me.



"Pride is a cunning, deceitful snake that lurks in every believer’s fallen nature. Its origin is the devil, and its ugliness is repulsive when put beside the beautiful humility of the Lord Jesus. Pride has a thousand disguises, but regardless of which one it may use there is always the same putrid smell. Because it is so deceitful, the one who does not choose to be humble by the Lord’s grace is totally unaware of its ugly manifestation in their own life through their words, attitudes, and deeds. The Christian who is proud is not aware of his own spiritual bad breath that is offensive to others. Pride always wants to be somebody before others, and humility is willing to be nothing before others. Seeing the beauty of Jesus’ humility causes one to despise their own pride and diligently pursue the humble way before God and others. Even when sinful flesh tries to be spiritual and humble it reeks with pride’s putrid smell. Only the Spirit of God can produce in us the lovely humility of the Lord Jesus, and when He does it brings the fragrance of heaven upon us. "


You may also like

1 comment:

Buhrmaster said...

precious daughter (in-law" .... which really creates a line instead of bridges a gap). Because of God's amazing love, mercy, grace, justice & humility, you (& I) are heirs to HIS throne! Now THAT is something to boast about - that Christ would save a sinner like me! WOW! Thankyou for your heart. Our perfect, holy God is teaching you some very powerful lessons....He loves you so much!
Are you reading a specific Jerry White book?

Powered by Blogger.