My New Skirt

0 Comments
The other day I had some time and decided to hit the mall. I rarely go to the mall, but I had heard that Banana Republic was having a great sale and went to look.

Anyway, since I was there,  I just window shopped on my way out and saw that Ann Taylor Loft was also having a great 50% off already marked down prices, and just decided to see what they had. I found this absolutely beautiful skirt priced $15 on sale for $8 (originally $69) and just had to get it. The only problem: it was a size 10. I'm a size 2 or 4. So, I decided to buy it and take it in.

Here's the skirt before I did anything to it:
(Yep, Mom. I still use my very first and only sewing box you bought me long ago!)

I just love the champagne color of the underskirt and the black lace!

Since I'm such a terrible sewist and also a beginner, I did tons of research on how to take in a skirt with a side zipper. I saw lots of video's of these sewing Maestros doing all sorts of complicated tricks and using lingo I didn't understand a bit. So being the simplistic gal that I am when it comes to things over my head, I decided to just straight stitch down the opposite side of the skirt with the zipper and it turned out perfect!

Here's the end result. I ended up taking in 2.5"! 
Can't wait to find a top to go with it! 


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.