Field of Serenity,,,,

0 Comments
 Have you ever sat in a field of grass letting the sound of the wind rustling through the individual blades like soft whispers seep into your soul? Letting the calmness that the grass exudes take away any tenseness or weight of the day away.



There's a sort of power that comes with just sitting there in silence and feeling the power of serenity all around you. A serenity that causes you to desire to be like the wind, floating so carelessly over the grass half playfully whirling around as if there was no care or direction at all. The sun as it begins to set is shining warm upon your face as the brisk breeze slightly takes your breath away.

This calmness almost always sets the scene for prayer. Buried in tall grass that almost encompasses you, the desire to call out to God and weep and rejoice is too much to hold in. There's no one watching you. There's no pressure. There's nothing to keep you from pouring your heart out to God. It's just you and the sunset. It's a time where you can take a step back, look at your life, and dissect it. Asking God to sanctify you and make you more like Him. Humble. Submissive. Loving. Forgiving. Merciful.

There are times when I struggle with the knowledge that Christ is all I need with my fleshly desire to have Him physically hold me in His arms saying, "I forgive you. I love you. You are mine. Repent and humble yourself before me." That's when I open my eyes in this field of serenity and see His mark all around me. I see His power in the simple sway of a leaf. I remember that God is bigger and more powerful than my stubbornness. He will sanctify me. That I know for sure!

I take comfort in reading Psalm 139 where it reminds me that God knew me before He formed my inward parts. He knows my anxieties and desires of my heart. He knows my struggles and I need to take comfort in the fact that He knows what I need to comfort me in times of doubt.

So, please can we go back to that field of serenity and never leave?


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.