Happy Mother's Day!

1 Comments

There are three very special women in my life that I call "Mom." 


First,  there is my Mom, Lisa.  The woman that has been with me since I was 4 years old.  Who held me when I cried,  who took me out on mother-daughter dates,  taught me how to have style and that polka dots don't go with stripes.  But most importantly,  she taught me how to be a godly woman.  Through her example and wisdom,  I am who I am today.  I love you, Mom!


Secondly,  there is my Mom Pam.  I know she hasn't been there through the years,  but I thank the Lord that He has brought us together in a relationship that is stronger than it could have been.  I am her daughter and am so grateful that our relationship is as strong as it is today!  I love you, Mom!


Thirdly,  I have an amazing Mother-in-law!  Or I should say,  Mother-in-love!  I'm sorry to all you married women out there,  but I have the best mother-in-law in the world!  It's no use trying to show me how your's might be better because my mind is made up. :)  She's absolutely amazing and has been such a solid rock for me.  I couldn't have asked for better!  I love you,  Sabina!


Here are some Motherhood quotes I found. Some are humorous and some very true!:


There never was a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him asleep.-Ralph Waldo Emerson

My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.-Mark Twain

What do girls do who haven't any mothers to help them through their troubles?-Louisa May Alcott

You have a wonderful child. Then, when he's 13, gremlins carry him away and leave in his place a stranger who gives you not a moment's peace... You have to hang in there, because two or three years later, the gremlins will return your child, and he will be wonderful again.-Jill Eikenberg

Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease.-Lisa Alther



The hand that rocks the cradleIs the hand that rules the world.-W. R. Wallace

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. -Washington Irving


A woman is like a teabag. Only when in hot water do you realize how strong she is.-Nancy Reagan

Happy Mother's Day!



You may also like

1 comment:

Lisa said...

To count your blessings is a good thing. To be blessed with such a daughter is even better! :)

Powered by Blogger.