Then could I have one?

0 Comments
Bandaids are quite the phenomenon here to three year old Teagan. :) She's at that age where every little boo-boo is instantly better once a bandaid is slapped on. We try to save the bandaids for more serious scrapes and this was a conversation Teagan and I had in the car trying to figure out what it would take to get one.

Teagan: "Can I have a bandaid?"

Me: "Did you get a scrape?"

Teagan: "No, I just want one for this old boo-boo over here." (Points to a barely visible old scrape)

Me: "No, you don't need one."(Smiling, wondering where this is going)

Teagan: "If I bumped my finger could I get one?"

Me: "You still wouldn't need a bandaid."

Teagan: "If Alex hit my finger could I get one?"

Me: "No, We only use bandaids when there's a really bad scrape or blood to protect it from germs."

Pause. Lots of thoughtful looks.

Teagan: "If I cut my finger off could I get a bandaid?"

I just started laughing! She was so cute and serious. I then of course said we don't hurt our fingers or cut them, but it brought a smile to my face. :)


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.