Attempting Tiramisu

1 Comments
We're getting together with a few other couples tomorrow after church for lunch and fellowship and I offered to bring dessert. After some research, I decided to try Tiramisu. Yummy, right? I guess looking up recipes when you have a hankering for coffee, chocolate, and biscuits (cookies here in England) isn't the smartest thing! My best friend, Chelsea, suggested getting a hold of her sister Carissa since she makes it every Mother's Day and has an amazing recipe!

So I emailed her up and she sent me her recipe with some amazing tips. Here is my attempt and we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out if it worked! Thanks so much, Carissa!

Carissa's recipe called for making the Tiramisu in a loaf pan, but since I didn't have one, I had to make it in a 8x8 pan. 
Some of the yummy ingredients! 

One of the best parts: Triple Strength Coffee

Brandy, anyone? 

Mascarpone Cheese. I had never cooked with this before and had no idea what to expect. It's thick and greasy like shortening!

Carissa's recipe called for 4oz of semisweet chocolate and lady fingers (sponge biscuits). We saw this chocolate in the store and decided to give it a try!

How can you call it dessert without sugar!?

So white, so creamy.

The coffee smelled so good

Then smelled even better once the brandy was added!

Who could say no to sugar?

After putting a little coffee mixture aside you add egg yolks

and the mascarpone cheese and whisk!

Then comes the precarious task of "dunking" the lady fingers (or sponge biscuits here) just enough to soak up the coffee, sugar, and brandy mixture, but no too much that they get soggy! 

After you double layer the bottom of the pan with the dunked lady fingers, you spread half of your cheese on top and get ready to grate chocolate to put on top!

I have no idea if this is the proper way to grate chocolate, but hey, it worked!

Second layer of dunked lady fingers

Yum!

Tiny chocolate shavings

So many layers!

You're supposed to top the Tiramisu with another layer of lady fingers, but I ran out and just did this. I can't wait to put the whipped topping on!

Since this is a tried and true recipe and I'm hoping that by the photos, Carissa doesn't notice any major mistakes, we'll have success tomorrow!


You may also like

Powered by Blogger.