New Beginnings

1 Comments
We left our home of almost a year at 3:30am Saturday the 8th of September. 
Goodbye Summertown flat #1!

Two bags are missing from this shot, but all our belongings waiting outside for our taxi to take us to the bus station. 

There were only five passengers on the 4am bus to Heathrow that morning. 

We ended up arriving at Heathrow with way to much time to kill, so we got our blood pumping again with some coffee and settled in to read for a while. 

 The beautiful sunrise at Heathrow

Finally waiting at our gate to fly away to Basel!


 We are here!

 Basel's Euro Airport


Here in Switzerland, dogs are everywhere and even allowed in the airport!

She isn't the most beautiful building, but it's what we now call home.

Our neighborhood has more picturesque apartments than ours

We are on the ground floor and our flat looks out to the back green quad area.


We took a walk to get a feel for our surroundings. These apartments across the street are beautiful!

The local store 

Just to give you a sense of the prices here. The price of a soup pot that would typically run about $30 in the States. 79.00 francs here. 

All the Domino's pizza's are delivered on these mopeds!

The gorgeous Rhein river is only a 15 minute walk away

 I wandered down some of the side streets and came across beautiful squares such as this one


Today we did more walking and came across the Town Hall


So ornate!









This sign states that the statue above dates from ca. 1510

The neighbors bunny gets out all the time and wanders to our green area. I tried to pet it, but it didn't like me. :( I tried to tell it that I had a recommendation from my family's rabbit Iris, and that I was safe, friendly, and have been tested and vetted, but to no avail. 

Cup of coffee

Milk here comes in cartons and is stored half on a shelf and half refrigerated. 

Another look at the price jump. three chicken thighs 7,20!

I've been trying to read the children's comics in the newspapers, but even German Smurfs are way above my head!







You may also like

1 comment:

Buhrmaster said...

Thanks for the photos! The Rhein is beautiful! Are those ferries? I love that you say, "so spacious!" No curtains? And that green couch.... Are you allowed to put anything on the walls? You both will have the most amazing next nine months....Praise the LORD!
Love you!!

Powered by Blogger.