Creative Blog Hop

0 Comments
I was tagged by my Mom to do this creative blog hop! It's my first time, so I guess I'll dive right in!

1.) What have been the doings/makings/scribblings/at your desk/making table this week?

August is always a busy month for me. We have four birthdays in the immediate family (not mentioning friends and acquaintances!) and so that means birthday cards. This past couple of weeks my scribblings have been birthday cards, prints for a cousin's wedding, and notecards. My "desk" changes. Lately the weather has been perfect in the mornings for sitting outside, and so I am mobile. My stationary desk sits in our room where the soft morning light pours in and creates a calm environment.









2.) Where are you currently finding inspiration?

I find inspiration everywhere! Being an artist and a hand letterer, anything that has to do with beauty or typography is inspiring. Lately, my inspiration comes from sitting on a bench by a fountain nearby in the mornings drinking coffee. The calm before the busy masses of people going to and from their duties is perfect for clear thinking and soaking up the cool breeze that energizes me.


3.) How important is being creative to you and how do you blend it with work/life/family balance?

Being creative isn't necessarily important to me as it is who I am. :) I was blessed with a creative drive and so hardly a day goes by where I haven't made something for myself or for someone else. Blending it into life these days is easy. Now wait until I have a couple of little ones running around and then ask me! But as for now, it's a daily occurrence. Being creative isn't only limited to my handlettering and prints, but to trying new recipes, or going about a daily task differently than before. It's about new ways of thinking and inspirations that cause us to make something. I love making/creating and even more I love sharing it with others. :)

Thanks for taking the time to read this and have a great week!

(All photos taken by Jessica Purvis. All designs and prints are original and property of Jessica Purvis)
-->


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.