Job Searching

2 Comments
Last week I was all excited because I had been e-mailing with a family in need of a nanny in Escondido. They sounded great and had friends that attended the Seminary. They had what sounded like a wonderful 4 month old boy. The wife was returning as a school teacher in the fall and needed someone to watch her son. It sounded very promising, but I then received an e-mail saying that they had found a family friend that was willing to watch their son for them and therefore wouldn't be needing me. :(

I was in contact with another family that also looks like it's going to fall through. :(

So today I'm job searching online. I can't really pursue piano teaching until we get there and I can check out the homeschooling co-op I heard about there.

The only discouraging thing is that no one seems to want to even interview a 21 year old who's never held down a job outside of piano teaching. No one even wants to give me the opportunity. Once I get to know more people and word gets around that I teach piano, then teaching will be more profitable than a job somewhere else, but until then......ugg.

Just a little discouraged.....


You may also like

2 comments:

Jonathan Berkompas said...

Just keep at it Jess. You know that if God wants you to find a job down there you will--in His time. :-) Just keep looking for nannying jobs and alike and eventually I'm sure you will find one! Don't despair. The homeschool coop sounds like a good lead. But just remember it's all in His hands--If He wants you to have a job you will.

~Christina said...

Yeah, hang in there Jess! You will find something, it is all in God's hands. Don't stop searching, and don't give up! Maybe there is an even better job opportunity down there for you. <3

Powered by Blogger.