The sun is the culprit.....

1 Comments
This is my recent observation of a portion of Southern California's population. How else can you explain the lack of common sense, courtesy, and turn signal usage!? I mean I know you'll find these issues anywhere you live, but here......it's a whole different ballgame. So here's my theory:

After being saturated in "California knows how to party..." and "I wish they all could be California girls..." the SoCal population that I come in contact with have taken on the role as ignorant careless bums. There is no such thing as a turn signal here. But hey, why would they use them? I would move out of the way when a car going 90 mph starts moving into my lane!!

Seriously! No one head checks anymore and it's almost a daily recurrence that someone decides to move into me and at the very last second look and see that there I am swerving out of the way! But even after that they keep on driving as if nothing happened. Everything is a race here. Everyone has to be first. That being said, it's really hard not to unleash the lovely names that come to mind when it happens again and again and again. You end up saying, "No YOU go ahead!" "YOU have a nice day now!" all through seething clenched teeth as your body adjusts to the adrenaline rush it was battered with. I have to admit that I'm not always nice.

But I do wish I could send these people I encounter to Washington to drive in the rain, sleet, and snow and see if they continue this stupid behavior. It might just slap them back to reality, speed limits, turn signals, and head checks! I swear it's the constant sun that makes certain people cocky, aggressive, and idiots! So yeah, sun, it's your fault I deal with these idiot drivers everyday!

Note: The author does not seriously hold to the sun being the culprit. Just idiot people being idiot people. I guess it's time to put grace and patience to work.

Note #2: Another thing, screaming 2 year olds thinking 30 minutes is a good enough nap when they normally take a 3 hour one. Not happening......I let her (Teagan) cry it out.


You may also like

1 comment:

~Christina said...

:( I'm sorry! Tough day? I know how it feels, but at least it's FRIDAY! :D Lol. we went to Hollister tonight at the Vancouver mall, and I couldn't help but ask one of the girls working there if they were required to paint their nails....she laughed and said they aren't allowed to paint them at all, unless it's clear or pink, and even then it's frowned upon! And they don't have to wear flip-flops either! Funny how things differ in different regions. :) love you!

P.S. Teagan is probably nearing the "one-nap-per-day" stage by now too I bet. That's probably part of the problem? Just a thought, I know it can be frustrating to get them to sleep sometimes.

Powered by Blogger.