Hello's and Goodbyes

2 Comments
First day back into routine. Can't say that it's easy.

I've never been good about goodbyes. I would cry when I would leave my parents to go to Montana for two weeks ever summer to see my mom Pam and vise versa. I absolutely hold no chance against anyone crying. The very sight of it gets me started and all my resolve to be strong is lost. Then of course you get back to life as it was and everything resumes, but it just the initial first couple of days that always get me.

My parents came down for Easter weekend (a total of 5 night all together) and we had a great time. A little cozy, but nice!

The first day they were here we went to Encinitas beach and walked it until mid afternoon with the blessing of gorgeous weather! The kids collected bamboo sticks, Dad and I took pictures, and Mom even hugged a palm tree. :)

The second day we all drove to Coronado Island and walked the beach town. The kids and Mom got to get their feet wet and me and the kids climbed rocks and had sand races. I lost. I told Danny and Anna they needed to stop growing!! We enjoyed a lovely picnic lunch and drove home in time for Good Friday service. After which we played Scattertgories (which Mom won. Anna and I in second) and talked until midnight.

Saturday was the grandest day of the while visit as we went to the San Diego Zoo! None of us have been there and it was awesome! We walked our feet off seeing all sorts of animals from Gorillas and hyenas, to pandas and koalas! We got there at 9am and left at 6pm! A long day! After such a long day, we all headed to Stone Brewery for dinner to enjoy great beer and food!

Sunday we went to Church where my parents were finally introduced to Dr. Michael Horton and his family. Very cool for them! Our Easter meal consisted of ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, salad, and brownies! Yum! Thanks Mom and Anna for the help! After all of this eating and merriment, the kids hid plastic eggs all throughout the yard and had all of us find them which was more fun than I expected! There was lots of whooping and hollering as we scrambled for the eggs! Quiddler ended the evening for us with Mom in the lead, Anna and myself second, and Danny third. We talked for a while and then all headed to bed for an early rise.

After I crawled into bed, I did my routine cry before the actual departure. Like I said, I don't do goodbyes well, but my sweet husband held me and comforted me like only a husband can. :)

We woke up at 5am to see my parents and the kids off at 5:30. We said our teary goodbyes and watched them pull out of the driveway in the dark and drizzle of rain.

I looked around our quiet and now empty house and broke into tears once more before heading to bed until I had to get up for work, my husband holding me and comforting me.

I'm getting back into routine and will be fine in a day or two. I cried a little bit today while nannying, looking at the Anger children wishing they were Danny and Anna. They (the Anger kids) asked if I was okay and I said, "Of course! I'm just missing my family!)

I pray and hope they have a safe trip home and can't wait to be reunited with them and all of our other family at Christmas.

Until then.......

Pictures will follow in a second blog post.
*****************************************
UPDATE: As of 5pm this evening I called my parents and they were already near Redding, CA. They are expected to be home at 11pm. Not bad for 22 hours on the road. :)


You may also like

2 comments:

~Christina said...

Lol, yeah, but they actually got home at 3:00 AM as I'm sure you know! ;) Glad you guys had a good time!

Lisa said...

It was 2:30, but at that hour, what does it matter? ;)

Powered by Blogger.