Biography Suggestions?

5 Comments
Does anyone have any good biographies to recommend? I've been looking to get lost in a book and haven't come across any at the library. I'm interested in just about anything, just as long as it's not to technical (like troop positions in a war story) or I'd get lost. :)

Thanks!


You may also like

5 comments:

Lisa said...

The kids and I are reading "The Hiding Place" by Corrie ten Boom this summer - you should read it, too!

It'll be fun to see what everyone suggests. :)

~Christina said...

I have a great one! I highly recommend it, I think you'd like it too Jess. It's called "Victoria Victorious," by Jean Plaidy, and is an autobiographical novel (a story written in a way that makes it sound as if it is being told by the person it is based on, but is actually written by someone else, and based on fact)about the teen years, young adulthood, and adult life of Queen Victoria. :) I never thought I would like it, but it's great! Here is a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Victoria-Victorious-Story-Queen/dp/0609810243

Sarah said...

I love George Mueller biographies. I have read 2 or 3 different ones, and always walk away with the sense that I too could have that kind of prayer life.
I am currently reading a biography on Elizabeth Prentiss, but it is over 500 pages.
I agree with your mom. The Hiding place was a great book.
Oh, and I liked Nicholas and Alexandra, the last Russian tsar.
(Biographies are my favorite things to read)

Buhrmaster said...

I just read "Half-Broke Horses" by Jeannette Walls. She writes about her grandmother, circa early 1900's. I'm anxious to read her other book entitled, The Glass Castle. Enjoy!!

~Christina said...

I just have to say to Sabina, I actually own and have read "The Glass Castle!" :) it's a pretty good book. Sad, but good. If you'd like to borrow it, I can bring it on Sunday! Just let me know. ;) Lol, sorry Jess, I know I'm conversing on your blog! ;D

Powered by Blogger.