Song

2 Comments
I'm sitting on the floor of our terminal in LA waiting for our flight and wanted to share a song I wrote. It's called goodbye.

Goodbye

I hate seeing it on their faces-
That look in their eyes-
As we all prepare to utter those words we despise-

The time is running out-
As we cherish these moments-
But sooner or later we will have to relent-

Chorus:
Here we are tonight-
Trying to hold our years in while we say goodbye-
Knowing that it's not forever-
These are ties you just can't sever-
Please don't cry tonight-
I hate saying goodbye-

This is not forever-
Not a permanent goodbye-
Just a "see you later" we'll be home on a little while-

It's a little sad-
But an exciting new journey-
We won't forget all our friends and our family-

Chorus:
Here we are tonight-
Surrounded by our friends and family-
All saying goodbye-

Knowing that it's not forever-
We'll be back and all be together-
Please don't cry tonight-
I hate saying goodbye-

Here's to our new beginning-
Let's raise a glass to our memories-
We moved to Cali, I became a nanny-
New friends have won their way into our heart-

Each an every one of you-
Holds a special part in our hearts-
Goodbyes are sad but also the beginning-
Of a new stage and new memories to be made-

Chorus

I love you everyone in our family!


You may also like

2 comments:

Lisa said...

And we, you. xoxo

Safe travels to you and Z. We are a weepy bunch here today, and yet we praise God for the blessings He is bestowing upon you and that wonderful husband of yours.

You must be somewhere over the U.S. right now, jetting your way to the U.K. :) Looking forward to photos. And looking forward to visiting! The kids already have all sorts of money making ideas in the works...

Love,

Mom

Lisa said...

Hi! This just came in my inbox and want to say good afternoon to you! Hope all is well! Can't wait to chat. :) xoxo ~Mom

Powered by Blogger.