First Item On My Wall

3 Comments
Since I have a couple days in between my job at the craft store and the coffee shop, I have plenty of time at home. But since I'm not the idle type, I couldn't keep myself from creating something even if I didn't have much. So I pulled any resources I had and with the little money I had and created the below wall decoration.

Materials used:
Free brown packaging paper (found in a box of free stuff outside our apartments)
Tape (£1 at Poundland)
Felt Markers (Also £1 at Poundland for 45 of them)
Cardboard (From the toaster box)
Fine point sharpie (I brought this from home)

Everything was drawn free handed...


Drawing all of the boxes took the most time....



My messy crafting desk

I love these!

I have a project in mind for these cute miniature clothes pins....Hopefully that will be coming soon!


Other things of late: Hmmmnnn

*I'm going into town today to pick up a kettle, bath towels, and a bath mat. Tomorrow I pick up cups! Yay! We've been using three plastic Starbuck's cups and three mugs.

*I'm meeting a friend for coffee this afternoon to catch up

*I work my first full day shift at Costa tomorrow. I'm not really looking forward to it.

*My interview with the store Laura Ashley was rescheduled again for Thursday of this week.

*Band-Aids are called "Plasters" here.

*Cuffs (like on dress pants or "trousers") are called "turn ups."

*Onesies for babies are called "Baby suits."

*If you order bacon here or see it on a menu, it's not like our bacon back home, but rather a slice of ham.

*"Puddings" are desserts. Even if it's not a pudding like we know it to be.

*"Are you alright?" means "How are you."

Until next time.....


You may also like

3 comments:

Just a Girl said...

I love your wall art, it's so very homey and so very you! :D It would be neat to frame something like that, I bet you could even sell your creations if you really wanted to. I'm glad you were able to find a burst of creativity and put it to use to make your flat really feel more "homey," I think it looks great.

Hang in there with work, it will get better and easier, and I'm sure in time you will come to really enjoy it! I know how frustrating it can be to start all over with new jobs, it seems like it will take so long to adjust sometimes. I am sure time will go quickly when you look back upon it. Keep your chin up, I'm sure you impress all of your coworkers! :)

Denise said...

Wow! What amazing wall art made from such basic things! You really are a gifted artist. I love the English translations you give. I am going to start calling Harrison's onesies "baby suits." That is so cute! Thanks for the great posts and pictures! We love checking in and seeing your blog. Take care and stay warm. We miss you!

Love,
Denise

Denise said...

Wow! What amazing wall art made from such basic things! You really are a gifted artist. I love the English translations you give. I am going to start calling Harrison's onesies "baby suits." That is so cute! Thanks for the great posts and pictures! We love checking in and seeing your blog. Take care and stay warm. We miss you!

Love,
Denise

Powered by Blogger.