Just Sitting Here....

2 Comments
Just sitting here looking out of Starbuck's top floor window at the passerby slowly flooding Corn Market street like ants that have just emerged from their nest. The sun is shining, manipulating the mind to believe that it might be warm, but alas, it is cold. Very cold. The nip of the gentle breeze is enough to send people into stores they normally wouldn't go into just to find an escape even if for a moment.

Here I am sitting at my computer letting my music seep into my soul and lift my spirit. I'm editing photos I took early this morning while waiting for our bank to open. My fingers are still burning as they eagerly try to warm themselves up on my once hot vanilla latte. There was something refreshing about wandering around in the cold not having anything I had to do, but just taking my time framing each shot and trying to not bump into the aggressive passerby as they head off to school and work.

Sometimes when I get lost in the daily activity of what I have to do (go to work, earn money, cook dinner, clean our apartment) I lose sight of the things I love to do. Even though my photo session only lasted about a half hour, I felt energized, like I had accomplished something, and put one more piece of me together again. I look at my art, my photography, my music, and my songwriting as a sort of removable hair arrangement. These aspects of who I am adorn me and compliment who I am, but there are times when that beautiful hair arrangement has to come off when it's time to get down to work. Most people don't forget about their beautiful adornment, but for some reason once mine is off, I have a hard time picking it back up. But once I do, I wonder how I could forget how this adornment makes me feel! God gave me these talents and interests and they are a huge part of me. I feel like someone who isn't just another Jane Doe. I feel like I'm set apart. There is more to me than simple housewife and supportive wife to her studious husband. Not that I don't take those roles seriously, but there is more.

I need a piano. I feel a song coming on....

Well, enough of my broken rabbit trail musings for the day. :)

Here are some shots from this morning...






One of my favorite places to shoot: St. Mary's Church

Two of these figures adorned a doorway opposite of St. Mary's Church


That's one way to keep birds away....or keep students in... :P


The Radcliff Camera


Some sort of vines growing on St. Mary's

A clever sign for the cafe inside of St. Mary's





You may also like

2 comments:

Buhrmaster said...

I wondered where I left my bike....


~binab

Just a Girl said...

Jess, I don't know if you got my chat about this today, but I wanted to say that your pictures are beautiful, you are so gifted!! I especially love the one of the Radcliffe Camera, the grinning statue, and the bicycle! I so badly want to see all of that history in person, and even though I know it's a daily thing for you, I am so jealous. ;o) Thank you for sharing your first-hand views with us, they are so wonderful!

much love to you! :oD

Powered by Blogger.