Happy Father's Day! 2012

3 Comments
Happy Father's Day, Dad! I know we are not near, but you are never far from my mind and always in my heart. It's hard to sum up the man and father that you are. There are so many moments that I will always cherish like you singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" to me at bedtime, playing "Find the Monster," how I'd always ask you to lay with me while I fell asleep and you'd stroke my face. How as I grew older you'd take me to piano lessons sometimes and play me songs like, "The Firm." Taking me to my first concert, instilling in me the passion for music that you have, and always making sure to tell me I was beautiful. You are a strong, yet tender father. A guidance, yet knowing when to let go. You are my father and I wouldn't change that fact for the world. I'm so proud to say that you are my dad and that I am most definitely my father's daughter. I love you.

I bought a book for my dad years ago called, "Why a Daughter Needs a Dad" and here are some of my favorite quotes:

*A daughter needs a dad to lean that when he says, "It will be okay soon," it will.

*A daughter needs a dad who will always have time to give her hugs and kisses. Who does not mind that she steps on his toes while dancing.

*A daughter needs a dad who will make sacrifices so that she will not have to sacrifice.

*A daughter needs a dad who will always make sure she has a place to come home to.

*A daughter needs a dad because without him she will have less in her life than she deserves.

Happy Father's Day to the handsomest Dad there is!

(Photos curtesy of my Mom's blog: Happy In Dole Valley)


You may also like

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I miss my sweet daughter and I wish she and her husband were here with us today. I love you Jessica and thank you for the kind , too kind words.
Love you,

Dad

Lisa said...

I miss my sweet daughter and wish she and her husband could be with us today. I love you Jessica, thank you for the kind, too kind words.
Love you, Dad

Buhrmaster said...

nice post. and we're thankful for your great dad, too, Jess! He raised an amazing daughter who is such a delightful part of our family, now, too! Give Zack a hug from Dave....he loved the card.

Powered by Blogger.