To Zürich for a Day

1 Comments
On Saturday morning, we surprised me with the idea for an impromptu trip to Zürich for the day and to spend the night! Zürich is one of the wealthiest city in the world along with Tokyo and Geneva. We were blessed with remarkable weather (70 degrees) and the natural beauty of the city.  

There is a lake right in the middle of the city


Everyone flocked to the lakeside to enjoy the serenity of the water and feed the ducks and geese. 






Grossmünster Cathedral 

Frau Cathedral 

It was here in front of the Frau Cathedral that Winston Churchill gave his "Europe Arise" speech. 

A wealthy city means nice buildings to work in!


One of the many busy plätze


We loved walking down all of the tiny side streets!


Proof that I was there. 



One thing about Europe that we have fallen in love with is all of the outdoor cafes. There is always someplace to sit outside and drink beer, wine, coffee, and sometimes they even have blankets to put in your lap!


We weren't sure what this building was but it was beautiful!

Walking around the lake





I love the rich fall colors








These two pictures were ones I was experimenting a new technique with. 


Statue of Ulrich Zwingli

Enjoying a beer at one of the many outdoor cafes



Awesome car. The most popular cars driven in Zürich were Porches and we saw 5 Ferraris!

We stumbled upon this little church square. Beautiful.



Before we left we decided to join with the others and feed the swans






We had fun watching this cute little guy keep walking over to the musician and hand him coins. 

As a farewell treat we bought an assorted box of Macaroons! YUM~


We had an awesome time and are so thankful for the blessing of being able to travel!

 When I'm not travelling, I'm usually at home creating things for my little designated space above my desk...



Or taking pictures while riding my bike home from class of the charming Basel.






You may also like

1 comment:

Buhrmaster said...

Wonderful!!! truth: you just photoshopped Zack into those pics, right.....same smile in all. I know that's just him. :D Glad you got to go - taking notes on what/where etc. for your visitors in May?

Powered by Blogger.