Snippets of München

1 Comments
There are tons of bikes here. Everyone and their Grandmother rides one. 

This one is for you, Dad. A guy actually rode this. :)



Buch lesen und kaffee trinken. 

The Ubahn. I love how classy they made the man walking down the steps on the sign. 

One of the old city gates


München comes with modern architecture too. 

Love how we get the late afternoon sun just pouring into our windows. Just wish those stupid flies that fly in a circle in the same spot didn't accompany it. 

Blumen from the Flomarkt.

Summer dresses and super cheap Ikea bedding, yay!

Die fliege sitzt. 

Found an amazing paper store just a few blocks from our apartment and bought a small sample pack. I love our neighborhood! We have so many cool cafe's and shops! Maxvorstadt is the place to be!

I pulled a major muscle in my leg while sleeping the other day (not sure what I did!) and ended up being confined to the apartment for two days as there was no way I was making it down 4 flights of stairs. :(

Pretty old building with a copper spiral on top. 


Today we visited the Neue Pinakothek Kunstareal museum München. (Art museum)
Saw some beautiful paintings and bought a book of the special exhibit. :) 

Okay, so here's a short to the point overview of München as I see it so far.

- Ton's of people, traffic, and cyclists
- Maxvorstadt (our neighborhood) is great for cafe's, old bookshops and little interesting shops
- We live in a dorm, so it's quiet the whole day and then the noise level rises continuously after 10pm.
- We desperately need to find bikes as the city is huge!
- As much as it is a pain sometimes, I like making small trips to the local market for dinner items.
- The beer!
- The locals are nice and the over 60's crowd always say hello, goodbye, or good day if they are seated near you on a bench or at a cafe. Kinda sweet! :)
- Love all of the little German voices from the kleines kinder.
- So many historical sights!
- Cheap food and coffee!
- The Ubahn is very efficient for getting around albeit a bit expensive without a monthly pass. :(
- When a German says their English is not very good, they're being WAY to modest. Their English is better than yours. Not kidding.
- Love the fact that you have the option of getting a liter of beer at a restaurant. I have yet to drink one!   I told Z that every liter of beer you drink, another roll of fat is gained! Ha!
- München is very good at having community or city wide events like the open air movies coming at the end of the month. It's free. So cool.
- Breastfeeding without a cover is totally the norm here, so don't be surprised when a new mother just whips it out right in front of you. :| Yikes!
- Cars do not tend to stop for pedestrians like in Switzerland. You step out onto that crosswalk without looking, be prepared to die!
- This city is awesome! -->


You may also like

1 comment:

Lisa said...

So we're in the midwest of the US and you're in Germany...quite the contrast. :) Just popping in to say hello and that we miss you guys!

Dad says that bike needs a softer seat!

Powered by Blogger.