Mainz Fasnacht

1 Comments
I'm afraid I am terribly behind on my picture posts! Since I last posted, we've had Fasnacht, I went on a tour of the old Mainz city, and we went back to Oxford for a week! All those pictures are to come, but for now here are photos from Mainz Fasnacht. We start with photos of the children's parade where many soccer and cheerleading teams showed off their uniforms. After that we have the huge Rosenmontag parade where everyone in the city shows up to see the politically decorated floats and gather candy. Everyone in the city dresses up for these events and the NSA was a very popular topic. :) At the end are a few photos of some of our friends here at the IEG. We had loads of fun trying to catch candy from the floats. The last two photos show the massive outdoor party in the streets here. There was a DJ playing music and everyone was dancing and singing in the streets. Enjoy!


















































You may also like

1 comment:

Buhrmaster said...

these are amazing photos, Jess! You have such an eye for the perfect shot! I could hear the music, the crowd, the childrens' screams fo delight and joy, the police whistles, the trumpets.....I could smell the smoke from the food booths, feel the slippery pavement under my shoes fromt the spilled beer.

I could feel your husband's loving smile warm its way into your heart, as he patiently waited for you to just take that one more close-up.... hear your laughter as you watched while the children oooo'd & ahhhhh'd at all the funny costumes.

Powered by Blogger.