A confession from a WEEDING HATER!

3 Comments
Ok, so I have a confession to make to all of you, but more importantly to my mom.
Well, here goes.........

I weeded my flowerbeds yesterday and.........I LIKED IT.

To all of you who don't know why this is such a big deal, let me explain.
Growing up, we lived on a third of an acre in the city that had lots, and I mean lots of flower beds!
Our yard always looked great due to my diligent mom making sure the weeds were destroyed so that her lovely flowers could live in peace. I do have to admit, after we were done, it really did look nice. But you never wanted to admit that because admitting that would mean you liked weeding and therefore doing it more often!!
*gasp of horror*
So as a child there was nothing more vile than weeding. Nothing.

I can count the number of times me and my brothers would sit outside (supposed to be weeding) making pacts that we would never weed when we grew up. We were all going to have rock flower beds or slabs of concrete. Anything to not weed. This was how we were going to protest.

Well, yesterday afternoon the sun was shining, a slightly warm breeze was gently frolicking with the leaves on the trees(OK, well maybe a cold one, but I liked to pretend it was warm!), everybody's flowers are in bloom and I looked out at our flower bed and noticed huge dandelions all over the place.
Now who wants to be greeted by dandelions.
So what did I do. I resolved to weed.
As soon as I started, there was no way I was going to stop until all of them were gone, and whats worse is that I was enjoying myself!!
*another gasp of horror*
Now that it's all done and my flower beds are clear, I have to admit that I don't mind weeding.
I stil can't believe I'm saying this, but it's true.

So there it is.
I love you, Mom and thanks for making our yard look so good! You've instilled in me the desire to make my yard look good too!




You may also like

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Love you, too. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it! I believe that even your brothers, when they have a yard to plant, tend, and yes--weed, will enjoy it as well. There is such an incredible pleasure in taking dominion over our now 2.5 acres (and so much more work than the 1/3 acre you had to help with!). Now it's your younger brother and sister's turn to despise weeding. If you ever need their help, let me know! It will be fun to torture them for the next ten years or so (knowing they, too, will really love it one day). :)

~Christina said...

Haha! Lisa, you are so diabolical with that comment about it being fun to torture Danny and Anna!! ;D I certainly hope that Jeff will one day enjoy tending to our property when we own a home, I know that I look forward to it! Hard work pays off when you can enjoy living in a beautiful environment inside and outside your home.

Jonathan Berkompas said...

Funny post Jess... I have to admit the same, though I like planting this more than I do weeding!

It is very nice feeling to sit back and admire the work you've done after a long day of "taking dominion".

Powered by Blogger.