Thus Began Our Journey

2 Comments
Yay! We finally got our internet hooked up and I can share our journey so far with you all!

This is looking at St. Johns as we head from Dave and Sabina's at 6am.

Goodbye Downtown Vancouver

Just the beginning of the road we will spend the rest of our trip on: I-5

Um yeah, typical I know.

I failed to take any pictures up to California's state line (I know I'm a photographer and didn't even take any pictures!)

Here's the certificate saying that my house plants were acceptable and we weren't hiding anything or anyone in our truck. :)

This is the Semi-Tuck that we played leap frog with for over an hour. We'd hit a straight spot and we'd pass him. We'd then hit a hill and he'd pass us. We'd hit another straight away and we'd pass him....and so forth and so forth....
Arriving in Napa Valley around 7pm.  Andrea and Rolf live there and were so kind as to let us stay two nights with them.

So yeah, let me explain why I'm sticking my finger under the door. Believe me it was not just for kicks. :P Andrea and Rolf had a very cute kitten who's name is Dudely (cute I know!) and he was attacking my finger! :) He would get his whole paw under the door.

Some of the local scenery
I wasn't able to take too many pictures because it was getting dark by the time his Aunt was able to take us for a drive the next day. So sorry in advance for any blurry shots.


Yep, that's a Winery up there on the hill. Most of them are beautiful and look like Italian villas!
Unfortunately since we spent the day in San Francisco, we didn't have time for any wine tasting. But next time!


You may also like

2 comments:

Lisa said...

We are so happy to be able to finally see pictures of your "journey" to CA. :) Miss you!

Lisa said...

Love the curtains. We'll have to get you a sewing machine. :)
You did a good job and they look great. Now just what was it that you didn't like about the ones the rental lady had in there???

Powered by Blogger.