A woman's work is never done...

4 Comments
Over the last couple of weeks I've come to realize more than ever how a woman's work is never done. Once one task is done, there is always yet another waiting. It's then your choice to tackle it now or go watch a movie, put your feet up, eat some chocolate, and tackle it later. Still, it's waiting to be done. I hate that!! Don't you just wish you could clean the house once and not worry about it ever again! Or have the dishes always clean when you need one! This is where when your sweet husband does the dishes for you, you hug him and love him even more!

Now that I'm working full time, most of my evenings are spent catching up on the home keeper aspect of my life. While I'm out supporting my husband and I, I still have the responsibility of cook, laundry lady, grocery shopper, house cleaner, home maintenance, and first and foremost a wife!

Today I was given the day off since the Angers Grandmother came in town and will be watching Teagan today for Denise. So today I woke up at 8, got ready for my day, took my husband to school to study, went to the laundry mat for two hours, came home, put all the laundry away, cleaned up my house that was scattered with random leftovers from the previous week, meal planned, ironed, and then on top of that still have a pillow to make!

*Whew* It's a lot and sometimes takes a lot out of me. But then I remember why I'm doing this. Why we are here. I then thank God for this tremendous opportunity for my husband to go back to school! He is so happy to be back in that environment and I rejoice and find joy from seeing that! I am supporting our family so that in turn my husband can someday soon support our (Lord willing) growing family down the road.

I get caught up sometimes in selfishness and think that my needs need to be met, but then remember that it's not about me! (Thanks Mrs. Tuck!!) In order for this household to run and opperate with love, patience, humility, and grace, then I have to start by exemplifying that. What a humbling experience!! I do have to tell you that it's hard. It's hard because inside of me screams at times, "No! I want it my way! What about me? What about what I need?"

Then I think back to Christ. What He did. How He gave of Himself for a selfish depraved person like me. The lowly, sinful Jessica, who without Christ's grace and forgiveness would be lost to my own deprived state. How can one look back upon that day and not be humbled? How can I look back to what Christ did and still demand my needs are met?

All in all, this is what I strive to remember when I let my days work get the best of me. A woman's work is never done, but now I strive to have the right perspective.

Now....off to ironing.... :)


You may also like

4 comments:

~Christina said...

Good Blog Jess! :) If you ask me though, it's perfectly okay to have your man help out a little around the house when he has time sometimes too. You can't wear yourself down to nothing. It is a wonderful blessing to be a wife, but when you are working full-time and coming home to do housework as well, it can be very overwhelming at times, I know. It's okay to have a little wiggle-room and let things become a little messy at times....at least it is to Jeff and I. ;) Love you!

Buhrmaster said...

you, my dear, have learned the key to actually having what you (really) want - Christ's love & approval! with those kind of thoughts in your heart, the Lord will indeed give you some "me" time, but it will be His will that you will desire to do in your "me" time! Praise be to our amazing God of all grace & mercy! I am so proud of you! It's a lesson I can only praise God that He did teach me, albeit about 20 years later than you learned it. Keep praising HIM!

Lisa said...

Oh my, my daughter. You are so much more like me than I ever thought you would be. :) Just the other day I posted about "sighing" and complaining in my mind against the things - the BLESSINGS - God has given me in the work he has given me to do. I echo Sabina's words of encouragement to you and rejoice that you are thinking these thoughts at 22 rather than at 45. Love you!

Jonathan Berkompas said...

Great post Jess... It's reminder to me as well. It's so easy to get caught up with the day to day things that you get overwhelmed and forget why we are doing this. When I compare it to what Christ has done for me, folding those two baskets of laundry seems pretty insignificant. Which reminds me that I should be folding that laundry.

(Darn it--I was going to put it off until tomorrow!!)

That's what friends are for huh? :-)

Powered by Blogger.