Someone's Watching

3 Comments

You know how you get that funny feeling sometimes that someone is watching you? Well, I experienced that today in a most unexpected way.

Today was laundry day. I had the choice to do laundry this evening or wait until tomorrow, his day off (our only full day together) to do it. Now, for any of you who don't know, we don't have the luxury of a washer and dryer in our little apartment. We have to go to the laundry mat and stuff as many loads as we can into three washers and three dryers. Why three? The simple answer of we just can't afford more! We do only six giant loads of laundry a month. That's three loads every two weeks. Crazy, I know!

Well, this particular day I decided to go do laundry. I came all prepared with my iPod full of music, headphones, and a my craft of bow making with me to keep me busy. After loading up my three washers and starting up my music, I began the process of making my bows. When I get into something, I tend to zone out and fully immerse myself in that activity and it didn't take too long before I was in "Jessica's Craft World" in my head. After twenty minutes, I began to have that feeling that someone was watching me. I glanced around me a couple of times and didn't notice anything so kept on working. Again I had that feeling, only this time when I looked around, three young Hispanic children were all standing right next to me watching me very intently trying to figure out what I was doing! It startled me so badly! 

I took off the headphones when I noticed that they were trying to talk to me. After attempting to talk to me in Spanish, the little boy of the group (in very cute rough English) asked me what I was doing. I told him that I was making bows for the tops of presents. When the children heard this they all said, "wow! Can we watch you?" So I said sure and returned to my craft with a cute audience. After a few minutes the little boy and one of the little girls said that their birthday was coming up and asked if these were the types of bows that go on birthday presents? I replied that yes they were and asked how old they were going to be. "Seven. We're going to be big kids aged seven." Was their very matter of fact reply. 

They were so cute just watching me! The boy and the girl kept talking to me and themselves and their little sister and complimenting me on my work and how neat the bows looked. To their surprise, after I had made three bows, I gave all three of them to the three children, and let me tell you. I have never seen a kid so excited about a bow in my life! They ran to their mom and were exclaiming how happy they were! It felt nice to have given these kids something fun and exciting that I simply made out of old magazines. :)

In return the little boy asked me if I would like a sticker and I said I would love one! He then gave me a sticker of Miley Cyrus that he had gotten from one of their coloring books. How cute!

I guess my "Somebody's watching" experience was quite pleasant and not at all creepy liked I had imagined it being!


You may also like

3 comments:

~Christina said...

That is so cute! :D It sounds funny, but it reminds me of something Christy would experience in Egypt, lol. ;) I'm glad you gave the bows to the kids, I was hoping to read further and hear how excited they got! Glad you had a nice time at the laundromat. :)

Anonymous said...

and the ministry begins.......

as I was reading, i was just knowing that you would give the bows to the kids. maybe the laundromat is your "street" ministry, Jess. may the Lord bless each of the kids and you for that special gift you gave - your time.

i love you.

Buhrmaster said...

That situation is kind of like, the Awana Camp (for high schooler's) ministry trip... You never know when somebody might be watching...
~ Mattea ~

Powered by Blogger.