Dancing in the Rain

2 Comments
It's raining here! Wahoo! :)

And yes, I did physically dance in the rain, proudly driving our Subaru Outback with the Washington license plate. Gotta love the look you get from people as you walk in the drizzle with no umbrella! They look at you like youre crazy! Aren't you getting wet? Yes, but I love it.

It reminds me of many walks taken by myself, smelling the clean rainy air, just letting my thoughts swirl out of control as I carefully ponder each one. There's something refreshing and calming about walking in the rain.

Today I mentally danced in the rain. Most of you would think (I know I did) that all the sunshine that SoCal gets would make you happier than the doom and gloom of Washington, but until you catch a rainy break from all the warmth and sunshine, you don't realize how the sun affects you.

Generally people are happier with more sun. I know I've seen a change! But I've also come to realize that I'm not made for sun ALL the time. I found that on the few and far between rainy days we have, how my body (mind and soul) take a break.

I'm more relaxed when it rains. I'm less stressed when it rains. I'm happier, more patient, and generally calmer when it rains. I miss Washington. I miss driving and not being stressed out.

I'm so happy today is a rainy day!


You may also like

2 comments:

Buhrmaster said...

Great perspective, Jess! Mr. weatherman is calling for sun breaks today and lots of sun Wed. & Thurs. So far he is right, but it did drizzle on me a bit earlier. Wonder what the Lord will have for us next week down there?
CAN'T WAIT!!!! :-)

E-Mama said...

Oh yeah, I tottally get it. And the non-umbrella thing, I'm so on board. I don't believe in them.
But another thing, I saw that Zack will be going to Oxford - like THE Oxford? As in over seas? When does this happen?

Powered by Blogger.