Rainy Day

4 Comments

There's just something about the smell, the sound, and the uncontrollable force it has over the body making you want to curl up with a cup of tea or cocoa and watch a movie or snuggle up to a good book. Yes, it's raining here in Munich. The windows are open letting the fresh smell saunter in. I hear the faint tapping of fingers pressing keys on a laptop as the man of the house is nearby looking handsome and studious as he works away. I'm here, sweater on, slippers snug on my feet, drinking tea and staring out the window. Days like these make studying German flash cards or designing pretty much impossible as all I want to do is find a good long movie and curl up for the rest of the day. 



But alas! The day must go on. No one learned German just by staring at the flash cards wishing the information into their brain. :) I wish! 

Tomorrow I'm going grocery shopping with a girl who lives on our floor. While out getting ice cream with her and a couple of other people who live on our floor, I was asked what my favorite food was. Of course, without hesitation, I answered Mexican and replied that I made it quite often. The four youngsters in front of me became super excited and all said they love Mexican and would I be willing to cook a meal with them this Sunday. :) So, it looks like we are going to be making enchiladas. It'll be great practice since we only speak German and I don't know half of the words I'll need to direct them! Well, that's where the flash cards come in. I've set aside all words associated with cooking, shopping, and food. We'll see how I do. 


Other than that, life as just been moving forward. Happy weekend, everyone. :)


You may also like

4 comments:

Buhrmaster said...

how do you say Mexican things in German? Should be a fun evening! I love you!

Jessica Purvis said...

Haha! I didn't even think about that! :)
Love you too!
Jess~

Lisa said...

Have fun! Glad you're making friends in your home away from home. They say immersion in a language is the best way to learn, so you'll catch on before you know it! xo, Mom :)

Jessica Purvis said...

I sure do hope so! Sometimes when I've had dinner with everyone else and they're all speaking German to me it's like I'm drowning! So hopefully since this will be slower paced, I'll do okay. :)

Love you!
Jess~

Powered by Blogger.