Thinking back

1 Comments
Thinking back to my humility post, I came across a song a wrote a while back that touches on this topic:

The Answer:

Sometimes I get lost in the sea of life -
And make myself believe that I -
Can handle life all on my own -

And as I fall farther away -
My foolishness is displayed -
Who am I to run from Your face?

That's when I fall to my knees -
Finally realizing -

Chorus:
You are the answer -
You heard my prayer -
And you have brought me here -
Though I have fallen -
You pick me up -
And brought me back to where I belong -

And though at times life is rough -
And I just think I've had enough -
You bring me back into Your arms once again -

When I have cried all my tears -
And felt alone through the years -
You take me by the hand and lead me back to You  - (chorus)

I tried to run from Your face -
Tried to loosen Your embrace -
I tried to climb this mountain without falling down -
I tired to abandon this place -
Went to far as to mock Your grace -
That's when You let me fall, reminding me of my place -

That's when You guide me and tell me that I am Yours -
Even when I only refuse -
That's when You tell me that no matter how far I fall -
I will always be Yours (chorus)

Jessica Purvis~


You may also like

Powered by Blogger.