Down To Size

1 Comments
Amazed. Awestruck. I smile. How does He know me better than myself? Ha! I only know myself that intimately. Or try to deceive myself into believing. I mean, don't I know what's best for me?

Not one bit.

Do you ever have those days when the presence of God is very evident?

I do. A lot. And typically it's a very humbling experience. I wish I had more encounters like Daniel in the lion's den when the presence of God emboldened Daniel. Mine are the opposite.

God has been working in me lately. Sanctifying me continuously. He keeps bringing me down to size and saying, "Trust Me." I keep kicking back saying, "I trust myself."

I'm like a child. Blinded by my wants and desires that I don't see that I've gotten off track. What is that track you ask? Why let me tell you...or more like let Christ tell ME.

I get so lost in the sea of life and my duties in this moment that I forget to make Christ my foundation. The foundation of my life.

Christ has been showing me just how much I am not my own. He's been opening doors and closing others. He's showing me what is best for me even when I don't think so. Slowly I'm catching on. Slowly I'm seeing and (more importantly) accepting His plans and His sanctification.

Amazed. I'm amazed at just how intimately God knows me. Why am I amazed? I already know God knows me this way, but I continue to be amazed. God has placed people in my life to help me grow in faith and love.

Awestruck. I'm awestruck at God's continuous grace. I have fallen and He still takes my hand when I only refuse. He's there to say, "I'm here. Trust me."

I smile. I do. Everyday. How could you not when you've been reminded of what Christ has done for you and are reminded of your place.

The hardest part of it all. Allowing myself to fall into His arms of grace and obeying Him when He says, "Trust me."

Just close your eyes. Give in.


You may also like

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wise words, my dear daughter. Thanks for sharing. :)

Powered by Blogger.